Sunday, October 21, 2012

Lucky Hand's California Common

source

This past weekend I attend the 4th Anual FoodBuzz Blogger Festival in San Francisco. I had a great time and got to meet many other fellow bloggers. I also got to eat and drink some good stuff.

I had dinner compliments of FoodBuzz at the Millennium, a mostly vegan restaurant.  They had a nice liquor and wine selection, but I went with a beer, Luck Hand's California Common Ale.

Lucky Hand Brewing Company is only three years old and only has two beers currently, the California Common and the Black Lager.  I could not find much more information on the company. Hopefully they will continue to grow and produce more good beers.


California Common is a style of beer that popped up in California out of necessity. Pioneers had to adapt traditional ales to the ingredients they had on hand. They also had to ferment in colder conditions. The result  is a more rustic beer .Lucky Hand's was very drinkable. It went well with my spicy glazed tempeh but I could easily drink it with a burger too. It was well balance; however, a bit on the malty side, which I actually liked.

And, Lucky Hand is organic! Keep up the good work, I cannot wait to try more!






1 comment:

  1. Hi Samantha! On behalf of Lucky Hand Beer, I'd like to offer our appreciation for giving our beers a taste!
    Brewing for a fledgling company can be challenging, especially with so much great beer offered by our peers today!
    Here's a bit more info on us:
    We're based in Novato, CA and work out of a production brewery in Santa Cruz. We're committed to producing quality, organic, and accessible (session) beers for everyone.
    If you'd like any more info, pls email us at info@luckyhandbeer.com
    And thanks again, we're so glad you enjoyed our beers!!
    Adam Krammer
    Head Brewer
    Lucky Hand Beer

    ReplyDelete