Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ass Kisser Strawberry Belgian Style Wit


On Sunday Michael and I spent most of the day cleaning the house on Sunday. But in the afternoon we had enough and decided to look for decorations for the living room. Somehow we ended up at BevMo!...I wonder how that happened...

I was looking at the beer selection and saw more Ass Kisser's (check out my last post for information on the brewery). They did not have the American Style Hefewiezen that I wanted to try, but the Strawberry Wit sounded pretty good too. 

The minute you open the bottle you can smell strawberry. Lovely golden color, with a little bit of pink tin. However, as much as it smelled like strawberries, I could not taste any. I did like the taste though, do not get me wrong. The website lists lemon zest as an aroma, I argue to tastes more zesty than it smells. I like the citrus though, very cleansing. I think a "full-bodied Belgian Wheat Style Ale" listed on the website is a better reflection of the beer than calling it strawberry. Overall, I liked it, I enjoy full-bodied beers.


Still going to look for the Hefewiezen...

No comments:

Post a Comment